Phone: 410 315-9727
Copyright 2008 SmarTek Systems, Inc. Reserved
SAS-1 Passive Acoustic Detector (PAD)
The SAS-1 passive acoustic detection system is a very afforable and
easy to install alternative to "in pavement" magnetic loops.
The SAS-1 delivers reliable multi-lane vehicle detection and traffic flow
measurements from a non-intrusive roadside mounting position. Each
SAS-1 sensor head can accurately monitor up to five freeway or
The SAS-1 passive acoustic detection system provides very low power
operation and flexible communication modes critical for solar powered
sensor stations. Wireless communication options are available for the
SAS-1 eliminating the need to install long and expensive cable conduit
Features and Specifications
- Real Time traffic measurements and Long Term measurement archiving.
- Low Installation cost, mounting on existing roadside structures.
- RS-422 Home Run (up to 2K ft) or Wireless option to eliminate HR cable.
- Polled or periodic communication with flexible message formats.
- 10 opto-isolated Vehicle Presence Relay outputs per SAS-1 head.
- Complete loop backfit capability using external SAS Relay cards.
- Unique ID, multiple SAS-1 heads can share a single home run cable or wireless link.
- Low power consumption (1.7 watts) supports solar powered sensor stations.
- Power Requirements-12 VDC to 24 VDC.
- Dimensions- 3.5" H x 8.0" W x 12.0" L Temperature- -20 C to +75 C
- Weight including mounting bracket- Less than 7 lbs
- Two Year Warranty
Sensing and Systems Integration Solutions